DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Painting Water Heater Vent Pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/177761-painting-water-heater-vent-pipe.html)

Al Bundy October 1st 06 05:17 AM

Painting Water Heater Vent Pipe

Gas water heater. For vent pipe above roof, exterior Rustoleum or house
paint hold up?

Thanks,
Al...

m Ransley October 1st 06 06:10 AM

Painting Water Heater Vent Pipe

For galvanised ,latex housepaint it should not be to hot at the roof.

lp13-30 October 1st 06 07:28 AM

Painting Water Heater Vent Pipe

If the pipe is btand new, paint will not stick to it. It must be etched
first.

Bob M. October 1st 06 07:03 PM

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

Gas water heater. For vent pipe above roof, exterior Rustoleum or house
paint hold up?

Thanks,
Al...

Why bother? If it's new metal, in a year or so the shine will wear off.

Al Bundy October 2nd 06 02:15 AM

Painting Water Heater Vent Pipe

"Bob M." wrote in
:

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

Gas water heater. For vent pipe above roof, exterior Rustoleum or
house paint hold up?

Thanks,
Al...

Why bother? If it's new metal, in a year or so the shine will wear
off.

Thanks for the replies all. I should have mentioned it is already there
and has old paint on it. Not glossy nor pealing. Make a good base for
the latex I used on the house I suppose.

Al Bundy October 2nd 06 02:19 AM

Painting Water Heater Vent Pipe

(m Ransley) wrote in news:8057-451F4DB3-24@storefull-
3135.bay.webtv.net:

For galvanised ,latex housepaint it should not be to hot at the roof.

I bet in the middle of summer here the shingles are hotter than the pipe
while it's venting.

And I suppose the oil base Rustoleum I have hanging around, should I use
it, would be OK. Any no-no comments on that from anyone?