Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DIY Trencher with 32" (max) wheel base??

I have a narrow access to my back yard. The mounted gate (blocks wall)
would allow me a 32" opening. If I take the gate off I would " maybe
gain a couple inches at most.

Is there such a machine for the DIY person that is narrow enough. I
mean I see larger trenchers, but any for the DIY guy? I'm just not
familiar with one maybe this small.

Forget the shovel; aka, drag line, back hoe, leaning post, et. al.

Thanks.
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Oren wrote:
I have a narrow access to my back yard. The mounted gate (blocks wall)
would allow me a 32" opening. If I take the gate off I would " maybe
gain a couple inches at most.

Is there such a machine for the DIY person that is narrow enough.

snip

Did you call a tool rental place and ask? That would be the first place
to go. Tell them what you need and they can recommend something to do
the job. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29 Sep 2006 19:48:31 -0700, "Joe" wrote:

Did you call a tool rental place and ask? That would be the first place
to go. Tell them what you need and they can recommend something to do
the job. HTH

Joe

Don't have a mom and pop rental here, but we got LARGE.

Do you know of a narrow wheel based trencher?
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
I have a narrow access to my back yard. The mounted gate (blocks wall)
would allow me a 32" opening. If I take the gate off I would " maybe
gain a couple inches at most.

Is there such a machine for the DIY person that is narrow enough. I
mean I see larger trenchers, but any for the DIY guy? I'm just not
familiar with one maybe this small.

Forget the shovel; aka, drag line, back hoe, leaning post, et. al.

Thanks.
--
Oren

"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens
constantly."

Are you doing sprinklers? Do you need trencher, or will a plow do? If a
plow would work for you, then the Ditch Witch 255sx is what you need for the
job. It is small enough to fit through your gate, but has lots of power.
It rips through tree roots like a hot knife through butter. I just used one
last week on my sprinkler system project. What a sweetie of a machine!! I
put in over 1000 feet of line in one day with it.

Check the bigger rental places, they ought to have whatever you would need.

Good Luck!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:11:47 -0500, "J.A. Michel"
wrote:
Are you doing sprinklers? Do you need trencher, or will a plow do? If a
plow would work for you, then the Ditch Witch 255sx is what you need for the
job. It is small enough to fit through your gate, but has lots of power.
It rips through tree roots like a hot knife through butter. I just used one
last week on my sprinkler system project. What a sweetie of a machine!! I
put in over 1000 feet of line in one day with it.

Actually, I need to put in irrigation, low voltage and "maybe" : a gas
line (all separate) ...I'm limited, so the 255sx you mention is too
wide. I did find the 1030 on the link. Thanks.

http://www.ditchwitch.com/dwcom/Product/ProductView/100

I'll find rental one, I hope grin.

Thanks for the comments.
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
I have a narrow access to my back yard. The mounted gate (blocks wall)
would allow me a 32" opening. If I take the gate off I would " maybe
gain a couple inches at most.

Is there such a machine for the DIY person that is narrow enough. I
mean I see larger trenchers, but any for the DIY guy? I'm just not
familiar with one maybe this small.

Forget the shovel; aka, drag line, back hoe, leaning post, et. al.

Thanks.

Want weird? I was looking for "ditch witch" on Ebay and found this gizmo.
It's a compressed air digging tool. You can't get much narrower than, oh,
six inches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ditch-Witch-Soil...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 10:18:33 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Want weird? I was looking for "ditch witch" on Ebay and found this gizmo.
It's a compressed air digging tool. You can't get much narrower than, oh,
six inches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ditch-Witch-Soil...QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting: air velocity 2 mach.
--