Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wire fence install

Looking to install some standard 2"x3" welded wire utility fence. A couple
quick questions.

First how deep do I need to sink the posts? (Do I need 6' posts for 4' fence
or 5' posts?)
How far apart on the posts?

Any input and opnions would be great

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:45:14 -0400, "nobody"
wrote:

Looking to install some standard 2"x3" welded wire utility fence. A couple
quick questions.

First how deep do I need to sink the posts? (Do I need 6' posts for 4' fence
or 5' posts?)
How far apart on the posts?

Any input and opnions would be great

Thanks

If you have sandy soil, then I suggest you sink 3 feet and cement the
bottom.

If you are in bedrock, then 18 inches will me way more than enough
and plan on half a day of chiseling per hole. Cement the post so it
doesn't catch water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

frost line dictates deapth of most posts, check with your building
inspector. most places require a fence permit anyway.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

nobody wrote:
Looking to install some standard 2"x3" welded wire utility fence. A couple
quick questions.

First how deep do I need to sink the posts? (Do I need 6' posts for 4' fence
or 5' posts?)
How far apart on the posts?

Any input and opnions would be great

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

this isnt permanent forever fence, its kinda temporary for a number of
years, the welded wire rusts etc. its low cost. gates are best chain
link ones...

anyhow the standard is a foot longer than the fence height.

the posts usually have a v edge and are driven in......

helpful hint by say a 3 foot length of steel pipe that will fit just
over post.

use this to hammer in posts.

way easier than sledging on top of posts which arent very strong to
start with......

my dog climbed a 4 foot wire mesh fence then found it was easier to
leap over it, small poodle about 14 pounds.

i ended up replacing with 6 foot chain link...... cost several thousand
bucks..

puddle costs lots of money and is laying by my feet as i type

Specific 555 circuit Henry Electronics 8 December 27th 05 05:14 PM
LV jointer plane fence is too tall for me David Woodworking 0 December 3rd 05 08:16 PM
New Thermostat + 2 Wire System (problems) CBHVAC Home Repair 0 December 3rd 05 09:19 AM
Jet TS fence query john moorhead Woodworking 8 November 15th 03 03:49 PM
fence installation tips needed (3-rail post & rail and wire mesh) Bring out the Gimp Home Repair 1 June 25th 03 12:47 AM