Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Jen-air range takes forever to heat up

I've got a Jen-air slide in gas range (model #JGS 8850ADQ) that takes
forever to heat up and often can never make it up to full temperature. It's
a little over a year old so of course it's out of warranty.

I thought I'd start poking nose in there to find a cause, but thought I'd
ask here for advise on what to start looking for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

CraigT wrote:
I've got a Jen-air slide in gas range (model #JGS 8850ADQ) that takes
forever to heat up and often can never make it up to full temperature. It's
a little over a year old so of course it's out of warranty.

I thought I'd start poking nose in there to find a cause, but thought I'd
ask here for advise on what to start looking for.

What part of it doesn't heat properly? IIRC this unit has two burners, a
grille, and an oven. Or doesn't anything heat properly? Did it ever heat
more quickly? (and if not, why didn't you complain to the supplier
before the warranty was out?)

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Posted to alt.home.repair

"John McGaw" wrote in message
CraigT wrote:
I've got a Jen-air slide in gas range (model #JGS 8850ADQ) that takes
forever to heat up and often can never make it up to full temperature.
It's a little over a year old so of course it's out of warranty.

I thought I'd start poking nose in there to find a cause, but thought I'd
ask here for advise on what to start looking for.

What part of it doesn't heat properly? IIRC this unit has two burners, a
grille, and an oven. Or doesn't anything heat properly? Did it ever heat
more quickly? (and if not, why didn't you complain to the supplier before
the warranty was out?)

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
http://johnmcgaw.com

Sorry I wasn't clear. The oven doesn't come up to temp.

btw-this model doesn't have a grill, just 4 burners and a convection oven,
all gas, with electronic controls for the oven.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

CraigT wrote:

"John McGaw" wrote in message

CraigT wrote:

[...]

Does the igniter glow brightly, or is it dim?

If the latter, it probably needs to be replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair

what are you using propane or natural gas? Is it jetted for the right
gas? if it is (and it probably is) then I would point at the thermostat
first.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
prog. therm. and heat pump questions Russell Coleman Home Repair 63 December 20th 05 12:21 AM
Cheap heating Russell Eberhardt UK diy 91 October 27th 05 01:30 PM
An air-soil solar sub-basement heat battery [email protected] Home Repair 10 March 14th 05 11:50 PM
Heat Keeps Shutting Off Frontier Home Repair 29 December 24th 03 01:44 PM