Posted to alt.home.repair
CraigT CraigT is offline

Default Jen-air range takes forever to heat up

"John McGaw" wrote in message
CraigT wrote:
I've got a Jen-air slide in gas range (model #JGS 8850ADQ) that takes
forever to heat up and often can never make it up to full temperature.
It's a little over a year old so of course it's out of warranty.

I thought I'd start poking nose in there to find a cause, but thought I'd
ask here for advise on what to start looking for.

What part of it doesn't heat properly? IIRC this unit has two burners, a
grille, and an oven. Or doesn't anything heat properly? Did it ever heat
more quickly? (and if not, why didn't you complain to the supplier before
the warranty was out?)

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Sorry I wasn't clear. The oven doesn't come up to temp.

btw-this model doesn't have a grill, just 4 burners and a convection oven,
all gas, with electronic controls for the oven.