Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rubber flooring

I am looking into residential rubber flooring. I hope to find someone
with some experience with this type of product in residential applications.

The intended use will be a bathroom. Any comments??? So far I have
found a little information about Gilbert ECO.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi, You mean an anti-slip type Rubber flooring such as Nora Flooring?

Yes, I have experience with the Nora Brand Anti-Slip Tile, as I laid
this type, and brand of Tile for probably 12-14 years.

Rubber flooring is first of all not cheap (As I'm sure you already know)
Nora brand flooring is actually supposed to be laid with a gap between
sheets, grooved with a U-shaped Razor Seam Grooving Tool, and all seams
caulked with a two part Epoxy Caulk,

The Caulk is nasty stuff, and can be messy if not well experienced with
this material, and the procedures for applying. Not exactly what I would
personally want in a home.

I would imagine other brands of Rubber Flooring would use a similar
installation process, but of course I could be wrong about this?

I have laid Nora seam to seam tightly with good results, but the reason
for gapping the seams, is for expansion, and contraction. Naturally in a
home, the changes of temperature, and temperature extremes would not be
as great as in commercial applications.

Buckling, or Bubbling will-can occur over time by not allowing for
expansion-contraction.

Depending on the Subfloor material, and whether it is a porous material,
or not will dictate the type of adhesive used.

For Porous subfloors a more conventional type Adhesive will be used,
(usually the manufacturer's own brand must be used for proper results)
and for non-porous surfaces (Such as a Plymetal Subfoor), Adhesives such
as a two part Epoxy, or Contact Cement is then used.

In all actuality, while the rubber floors are durable, the anti slip
types can be somwhat slippery when wet, and I would imagine in bare feet
one could just as easily slip with Rubber flooring like any other type.

I don't know if my post has answered any of your questions, but I hope
they have.
Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark D" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the response. Nora is not the specific product I was
considering as it is identified as primary a commercial product and they
appear to strongly discourage residential use. However your response has
been very helpful and did bring up some considerations I have not thought
of.

Posted to alt.home.repair

my father-in-law got some from the supplier for the hospital he worked
at. wonderful stuff, alot fewer broken plates and glasses in thier
kitchen now.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Rubber flooring Martin Bonner UK diy 7 April 15th 06 05:37 PM
Laminate flooring doorjamb trick Backlash Home Repair 0 May 7th 05 01:27 PM
Laminate flooring Richard Beri Woodworking 7 August 10th 04 01:07 AM
Survey on laminate flooring options (15 seconds!) Tim UK diy 4 July 27th 04 12:53 AM
TV Remote Control rubber pad(UR50CT1071) used in remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X Steve Electronics Repair 4 November 1st 03 02:27 PM