Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how do i program garage door opener

I installed a garage door opener and do not have the manual. I am
trying to get it so that when I push the manual opener button inside
the garage that it stops correctly at the bottom. Then if I were to
push it again it would stop in the correct open position. I have a
Legacy model 1/3hp by overhead door company. I also have the remote
but I am just trying to set it so the inside the garage switch
functions as it should. Thanks everyone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jameshenry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I installed a garage door opener and do not have the manual. I am
trying to get it so that when I push the manual opener button inside
the garage that it stops correctly at the bottom. Then if I were to
push it again it would stop in the correct open position. I have a
Legacy model 1/3hp by overhead door company. I also have the remote
but I am just trying to set it so the inside the garage switch
functions as it should. Thanks everyone.

It's always good to have the manual. Just a guess, but you could probably
get one from this outfit:
http://www.overheaddoor.com/Residential.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair

Did you install the electric eyes? The newer ones simply won't operate
correctly without them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jameshenry wrote:
I installed a garage door opener and do not have the manual. I am
trying to get it so that when I push the manual opener button inside
the garage that it stops correctly at the bottom. Then if I were to
push it again it would stop in the correct open position. I have a
Legacy model 1/3hp by overhead door company. I also have the remote
but I am just trying to set it so the inside the garage switch
functions as it should. Thanks everyone.

Do you have the CodeDodger® Access Security System ?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
jameshenry wrote:
I installed a garage door opener and do not have the manual. I am
trying to get it so that when I push the manual opener button inside
the garage that it stops correctly at the bottom. Then if I were to
push it again it would stop in the correct open position. I have a
Legacy model 1/3hp by overhead door company. I also have the remote
but I am just trying to set it so the inside the garage switch
functions as it should. Thanks everyone.

Do you have the CodeDodger® Access Security System ?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Yes I do have the CodeDodger access security system and am trying to
install without using the electric eyes but If I do have to install
them I will.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes I do have the CodeDodger access security system and am trying to
install without using the electric eyes but If I do have to install
them I will.

Thing is, once the eyes are in place and reading each other, it will
work with as you described you desired. Without them you have to hold
the button in the entire way down and then it may or may not stay down
unless you give it another push when it is right at the bottom. I've
installed 2 of these on our farm, one tor an end door in a green house,
and one in my shop. I didn't want to bother with the eyes, as we are
adults here and no one would be at risk, but the safety guys have made
the circuitry such that they are required for normal operation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan wrote:
jameshenry wrote:
I installed a garage door opener and do not have the manual. I am
trying to get it so that when I push the manual opener button inside
the garage that it stops correctly at the bottom. Then if I were to
push it again it would stop in the correct open position. I have a
Legacy model 1/3hp by overhead door company. I also have the remote
but I am just trying to set it so the inside the garage switch
functions as it should. Thanks everyone.

Do you have the CodeDodger® Access Security System ?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Yes I do have the CodeDodger access security system and am trying to
install without using the electric eyes but If I do have to install
them I will.

I do believe you need to put in the safety eyes. I might suggest that
not doing so could open you up to a lawsuit if there were an accident. The
reason they are there is because those accidents are more common that most
people think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

if it's modern, then there should be a programm button on it somewhere
(in the light bulp section probably). when you press this button , then
press your remote an LED should flash on the opener telling you it got
it and POW the remote should work now.

this is pretty standard as so many cars have the remotes built into
them now.

Empressess #124457

The best Games