Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well pump/water question

I have a well pump about five years old, the well is about 200 feet or
so down (It's a submersible pump). Today I found the filter cannister
full of dirt. I ran the water and emptied the cannister about five
times and the water cleared. Two hours later, there was dirt again.
Same process, the water cleared...then awhile later, dirt again. I now
have the water turned off, but does this sound like something I just
have to repeat and it'll clear, or else is it likely a real problem
with my pump? Thanks!
-Scott

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM (remove this) wrote:
sounds more like a problem with the well, than the pump

"Scott Erb" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a well pump about five years old, the well is about 200 feet or
so down (It's a submersible pump). Today I found the filter cannister
full of dirt. I ran the water and emptied the cannister about five
times and the water cleared. Two hours later, there was dirt again.
Same process, the water cleared...then awhile later, dirt again. I now
have the water turned off, but does this sound like something I just
have to repeat and it'll clear, or else is it likely a real problem
with my pump? Thanks!
-Scott

Sounds like the well has either collapsed or is constantly feeding
sediment in. My well is around 10 years old and still produces a small
amount of very, very fine sediment. It produced a _lot_ of it when
first put in service.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

Scott Erb wrote:
I have a well pump about five years old, the well is about 200 feet or
so down (It's a submersible pump). Today I found the filter cannister
full of dirt. I ran the water and emptied the cannister about five
times and the water cleared. Two hours later, there was dirt again.
Same process, the water cleared...then awhile later, dirt again. I now
have the water turned off, but does this sound like something I just
have to repeat and it'll clear, or else is it likely a real problem
with my pump? Thanks!
-Scott

Sounds like your going to have to call the well driller to clean it up
also you'll probably end up needing a new pump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ours has been like that on and off ever since they started drilling gas
wells in our area, or perhaps it is the drought. I have added a sand
filter (centrifugal) and 2 whole house filters, and the end product at
the tap is very acceptable. I only get about 1 1/2 - 2 months on a
filter cartridge, in spite of kicking out the worst of it with the sand
filter.

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM