Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My heater works. Does yours?

Just a reminder, now that the temperatures are getting lower at night, to
check your heater. Just turn it on for a few minutes to be sure it is ready
and has not gummed up, valves stuck, orifices clogged, or whatever. Better
at you leisure than on the first chilly night when the service department
gets 150 calls the same frosty morning.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Just a reminder, now that the temperatures are getting lower at night, to
check your heater. Just turn it on for a few minutes to be sure it is ready
and has not gummed up, valves stuck, orifices clogged, or whatever. Better
at you leisure than on the first chilly night when the service department
gets 150 calls the same frosty morning.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Already done. Of course it was done because I needed the heat, not
because I was smart enough to be sure it was ready. Today is 'clean
the stove chimney day' as tomorrow and rest of week is going to be down
in the "chilly" region.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Just a reminder, now that the temperatures are getting lower at night, to
check your heater. Just turn it on for a few minutes to be sure it is ready
and has not gummed up, valves stuck, orifices clogged, or whatever. Better
at you leisure than on the first chilly night when the service department
gets 150 calls the same frosty morning.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

I haven't checked since it's still sunny and 80s here in TX. I also
don't worry too much since if there is a problem I can generally fix it
myself in short order.

I am unfortunately traveling to CT and MA tomorrow for a few days of wet
and miserable.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in message

I am unfortunately traveling to CT and MA tomorrow for a few days of wet
and miserable.

Pete C.

I'm in CT and MA every day. Where will you be?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

I am unfortunately traveling to CT and MA tomorrow for a few days of wet
and miserable.

Pete C.

I'm in CT and MA every day. Where will you be?

Coming into BDL, running to Canton, Winsted, Wethersfield and
Manchester, up to Boston and back to BDL. Fast and furious. Should be
miserable. Might hit Rein's in Vernon for some food for the drive to
Boston, kinda miss Rein's.

Pete C.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Excellent reminder. And very thoughtful. Yes, mine has run a couple
times so far. The blower fan in the van is dead, that's an issue.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Just a reminder, now that the temperatures are getting lower at night,
check your heater. Just turn it on for a few minutes to be sure it is
ready
and has not gummed up, valves stuck, orifices clogged, or whatever.
Better
at you leisure than on the first chilly night when the service
department
gets 150 calls the same frosty morning.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Coming into BDL, running to Canton, Winsted, Wethersfield and
Manchester, up to Boston and back to BDL. Fast and furious. Should be
miserable. Might hit Rein's in Vernon for some food for the drive to
Boston, kinda miss Rein's.

Pete C.

Lot of ground to cover in two days, especially if it rains. Wave when you
go by exit 10A on the Mass Pike. Good call on Rein's as thee is nothing
good along the way.

Bad water heater element, guests coming soon! Jazz Home Repair 17 August 27th 06 02:15 PM
Water heater wiring for generator hookup and to 120 VAC power? [email protected] Home Repair 25 December 13th 05 02:25 PM
Important COSTLY Info about that new water heater Bubba Home Repair 21 December 1st 05 01:15 AM
A/C Heater Question AJ Home Repair 9 November 23rd 05 10:50 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM