Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ideas for painting cement rooftile

have a lifetile (product name) cement barrel style rooftile which I'd like to paint.
the original color on the cement tiles was a blend of brown-orange type hues and it's
naturally become more light orange as the years have passed

it's my understanding that an acrylic sealer and then acrylic latex over (after
drying) would take care of it.

any ideas or corrections or suggestions to the above? any tips to make the job easier
or equipment to use? I had planned on renting a machine from home depot and buying
behr acrylic latex

I do understand that I have to wash the roof first and I've actually done it always
once a year so it's in fairly clean shape now.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

t Wilson wrote:
any tips to make the job easier or equipment to use? I had planned on renting a machine from home depot and buying behr acrylic latex

I do understand that I have to wash the roof first and I've actually done it always
once a year so it's in fairly clean shape now.

Your tool of choice for this large a job will be an airless sprayer.
Consider enlisting a helper and renting some scaffolding as the gear
will be heavy and bulky. Graco makes some well respected sprayers, and
there are others as well. Mind your outside temperatures and use a
three day weekend if possible. Watch the weather channel to make sure
your wind drift doesn't repaint the neighbor's Lamborghini. Other tgha
that, read the directions and ask questions and it will go just fine.

Joe