Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chainsaw problems

Hello
I have a Mac chainsaw about 10 years old. I can start it without
primming it,
and run it, and cut with it, normally. However when I shut it down,
I cant restart it for about 24 hours.

I have attempted to adjust the carburator, thinking that it was running
on too rich of a fuel / oil mixture ( there is significant smoke at
startup ). That did not help. I adjusted the carburator in the
other direction, and did not resolve the problem.
This Mcculloch chainsaw has self limiting screws to adjust the high and
low settings on it, perhaps to disallow the user from tampering too
much with the settings.

If anyone has a suggestion how to resolve this problem, please let me
know.

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello
I have a Mac chainsaw about 10 years old. I can start it without
primming it,
and run it, and cut with it, normally. However when I shut it down,
I cant restart it for about 24 hours.

I have attempted to adjust the carburator, thinking that it was running
on too rich of a fuel / oil mixture ( there is significant smoke at
startup ). That did not help. I adjusted the carburator in the
other direction, and did not resolve the problem.
This Mcculloch chainsaw has self limiting screws to adjust the high and
low settings on it, perhaps to disallow the user from tampering too
much with the settings.

If anyone has a suggestion how to resolve this problem, please let me
know.

Mike

I cannot help you but the guys in this forum know their stuff. Try posting
your question there.
http://www.arboristsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9