Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Construction Site Paper Bag Mystery Thief

wrote:
OK, this is rediculous.
I am building a barn on my farm. Yesterday I ran out of pole barn
spikes and 16D sinkers. I went to the local hardware store and got a
few pounds of each, which were put in brown paper bags. When I got
home I took the nails into the completed portion of the barn and set
the 2 bags on a scrap board on the ground. I used a few of each, and
ended work for the night when it started to rain. Today I went to the
barn and I find the nails scatterred all over the ground inside the
completed part of the barn, and the bags are gone. The bags were
completely gone and I never even found a piece of one of them.

What the F**K ?????

There were no people around at anytime. I have horses and they have
access to the place I am building this barn, but I purposely parked my
tractor against the open end of the incomplete barn, so they dont make
a mess or get hurt in there. Even if the shetland pony snuck in past
all the obstacles, there would have been hoof prints in the mud
entering the area, from the rain. I dont own dogs, and a dog would
chew the bags, not steal them. I dont own goats, but I do have cats,
but cats dont bother with paper bags, (unless they contained food),
and a cat could not have moved a bag with about 4 lbs of nails.

That eliminates all my pets and farm animals, and eliminates other
people. All that's left would be wildlife. Of all the critters
around here, about the only thing I can possibly suspect would be
raccoons. But why would a coon go thru the hassle of dumping nails
just to steal paper bags.

The have a sense of humor.

The other creatures I normally see are
possums, rabbits, woodchucks, birds, wild turkeys, and of course,
mice, gophers moles and other tunneling creatures.

Any ideas, anyone?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

maybe racoon needed nesting materials.

if your real curious put more out with a VCR and see who and what the
thief is

Posted to alt.home.repair

What would a racoon do with a VCR?

wrote in message
ups.com...
maybe racoon needed nesting materials.

if your real curious put more out with a VCR and see who and what the
thief is

Posted to alt.home.repair

Craven Morehead wrote:
What would a racoon do with a VCR?

vIDEOTAPE TAPE THE INTRUDER AT WORK SHOULD BE INTERESTING!

Actually baby racoons LOVE videos of little kids and movies about the
great outdoors

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

just to steal paper bags. The other creatures I normally see are
possums, rabbits, woodchucks, birds, wild turkeys, and of course,
mice, gophers moles and other tunneling creatures.

Any ideas, anyone?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:47:50 -0700, "Seamus J. Wilson"
wrote:

That remark is funny!
Seamus J. Wilson

It was funny when I saw it and again now that you mention it.

I just can't help but thinking of a karaoke machine sitting out there
and the mic taped to the bag.

Oren

"Craven Morehead" wrote in message
.. .
What would a racoon do with a VCR?

wrote in message
ups.com...
maybe racoon needed nesting materials.

if your real curious put more out with a VCR and see who and what the
thief is

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bigfoot!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Craven Morehead" wrote in news:2ZYIg.475$9v5.358
@bignews8.bellsouth.net:

What would a racoon do with a VCR?

wrote in message
ups.com...
maybe racoon needed nesting materials.

if your real curious put more out with a VCR and see who and what the
thief is

Watch Animal Planet?

Posted to alt.home.repair
hah hah is offline

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:33:27 -0500, wrote:

[...]

Some aliens with poor sense of smell thought you might have left some
dirty socks underneath that stuff, so they dumped it out. They then
took the bags, hoping to trade them for dirty socks somewhere in Utah.

Craft site Michael Woodturning 5 April 24th 05 07:37 PM
OT- Site Yields Early Evidence of Fire Gunner Metalworking 2 May 3rd 04 05:16 AM
Idle thoughts re generators Neil Jones UK diy 143 April 14th 04 02:31 PM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM