Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What does a 250' roll of 14/2 romex weight?

I have a couple partial rolls and am wondering how much I have. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in message
I have a couple partial rolls and am wondering how much I have. Thanks.

Don't know about 14/2 but my roll of 12/2 copper with bare ground is around
14.5 lbs so my guess for 14/2 with ground would be around 9.3 lbs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Toller wrote:
I have a couple partial rolls and am wondering how much I have. Thanks.

Easy guestimate would be cut off exactly one foot, weigh it on a postal
scale, weigh the entire box and do the math: box weight divided by
sample weight = approximate length of roll. Speak kindly to your PO
clerk and they might help. Or use the scale in the produce department
at the market. Might be other weighing devices available at one the box
stores...be creative.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in message
I have a couple partial rolls and am wondering how much I have. Thanks.

Don't own a tape measure? No, you don't have to unroll it to measure
either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Toller posted for all of us...

I have a couple partial rolls and am wondering how much I have. Thanks.

Check the markings - sometimes linear measurements are on there...
--
Tekkie "There's no such thing as a tool I don't need."