Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Potterton EP2002 Central Heating Programmer - Intermittent fault

Hi all

I have a Potterton EP2002 Programmer, for controlling my central
heating system, which has suddenly started to behave erratically. By
that, I mean that it sometimes works continuously for perhaps tweleve
hours and then stop working and the LCD goes blank. Other times, it
runs for a few minutes and then stops before running again for another
few minutes.

I'm buy no means an expert, but could anyone please reassure me that if

I ordered a replacement programmer and attached it to the existing back

plate, it would resolve the problem ?

I'm just guessing that it might be a capacitor or something within the
programmer that has failed.

There have been a lot of thunderstorms in my area lately and I just
wondered if that might be a contributory factor.

Could it be something else such as the rechargable battery that needs
replacing or even the backplate itself that is not providing a good
connection ?

I'd be very greatful if someone could please give me some advice on
this one.

Best regards
David