Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Delta 1400 faucet surprise

Just for the record, and in case anyone has more detailed information. Our
Delta 1400 series single-lever bathtub faucet has been leaking, and my
internet searches turned up several exploded diagrams with the water control
balls in them. I purchased Delta parts at HD and disassembled. To my
surprise - I know nothing about plumbing - the internals were completely
different. They are pictured at http://www.zhando.com/faucet/faucetpix.html
I actually used the rubber seats and springs that were for the ball-control
system, and they appeared to fix the problem. You can see what I'm talking
about in image 5. Now for my questions: what's the best way to search for a
diagram that would have showed me these parts? Everything I came up with for
the 1400 series was different. And does anybody know more about this system,
where to get a repair kit, etc.?

Thanks,

Bruce Kimball from Louisville

Posted to alt.home.repair

"beekay" wrote in message
[...]

My house has the same type faucets. HD has the correct parts. BTW: The ball
type is only on the faucets with the handle that swivels. The type you lift
the handle to turn on and twist to adjust the temperature.

Al

delta shower faucet problem scrim99 Home Repair 3 November 18th 05 02:42 PM
Repair Delta Faucet [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 31st 05 04:33 PM
Delta faucet drip...drip...drip... orangetrader Home Repair 19 December 25th 04 09:55 PM
Delta faucet DebbieG Home Repair 5 October 29th 04 05:11 AM
Delta Monitor Shower Faucet Travis Home Repair 1 January 20th 04 03:56 PM