Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default Delta 1400 faucet surprise

"beekay" wrote in message
Just for the record, and in case anyone has more detailed information. Our
Delta 1400 series single-lever bathtub faucet has been leaking, and my
internet searches turned up several exploded diagrams with the water

control
balls in them. I purchased Delta parts at HD and disassembled. To my
surprise - I know nothing about plumbing - the internals were completely
different. They are pictured at

http://www.zhando.com/faucet/faucetpix.html
I actually used the rubber seats and springs that were for the

ball-control
system, and they appeared to fix the problem. You can see what I'm talking
about in image 5. Now for my questions: what's the best way to search for

diagram that would have showed me these parts? Everything I came up with

for
the 1400 series was different. And does anybody know more about this

system,
where to get a repair kit, etc.?

Thanks,

Bruce Kimball from Louisville

My house has the same type faucets. HD has the correct parts. BTW: The ball
type is only on the faucets with the handle that swivels. The type you lift
the handle to turn on and twist to adjust the temperature.

Al