Posted to alt.home.repair

Default runtel shutoff question

I know there is a heating group but don't know what it's called so
thought I'd pop in here (been a while since I've asked anything in
here) and ask if anyone can help me with this and also perhaps lead me
to what the heating group is called.

We had a kitchen redo this past year. We had had runtels put in
several rooms a couple of years before because this is a cottage and
these runtels take up a smaller space in some areas of our home.

We did not have the runtel put on our outside kitchen wall because
this is where the eating table is now and I can't stop the heat from
coming out of the runtel -- and I hate sitting near heat of any kind.

My question is ---

Is there any way to have that runtel put on the wall but be able to
have some kind of shutoff so that I can turn it off and on?

I know that if I had a cellar I could probably go down and turn some
valves -- we don't have a cellar - it's a dirt crawl space actually
and to be honest -- at the young age of 62 - I don't want to crawl
under there!

Last winter here was very very warm (coast of southern Maine) and we
sure didn't need that runtel at all -- never know what kind of winter
will have this coming one so thought it would be smarter to have it
there than not have it there -- however, I really don't want the heat
from that if I don't need it -- especially with the oil prices now.
We have forced hot water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie
(to e-mail take the "x" off jackie)
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Jackie Kuscher wrote:

We had a kitchen redo this past year. We had had runtels put in...

??? Oh, that would be a Runtal (branded) radiator...

My question is ---

Is there any way to have that runtel put on the wall but be able to
have some kind of shutoff so that I can turn it off and on?

Watch wrap...

http://www.runtalnorthamerica.com/co...-and-vent.html

Don't see why a valve couldn't be installed wherever you wanted it....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Aug 2006 07:51:00 -0700, "dpb" wrote:

Jackie Kuscher wrote:

We had a kitchen redo this past year. We had had runtels put in...

??? Oh, that would be a Runtal (branded) radiator...

My question is ---

Is there any way to have that runtel put on the wall but be able to
have some kind of shutoff so that I can turn it off and on?

Watch wrap...

http://www.runtalnorthamerica.com/co...-and-vent.html

Don't see why a valve couldn't be installed wherever you wanted it....

Oh yes - my mistake -- Runtal -- not Runtel !

Thanks - just printed that out and gave it to my husband who will
understand it more than I could.

Our plumber just showed up so we'll see what he has to say.

Thanks again, Jackie

(to e-mail take the "x" off jackie)

Adding water shutoff with a water softener Adam Preble Home Repair 8 December 8th 05 12:23 PM
How to replace 3/8" sink shutoff on cpvc Fow Guard stub? Fred Home Repair 0 April 2nd 05 04:58 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
change washer hookup --- but no shutoff valve in sight! fixhouse Home Repair 8 December 6th 04 02:57 PM