Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing a ceiling fan

I know this is a common topic and I read a few threads but would
appreciate any help.

My guest room is pre-wired for ceiling fan. There are 2 switches (one
for fan and one for light).

The junction box has 4 wires in it. Black, White, Red and Bare
(Ground).

I bought a fan with a separate remote control. After I connected the
remote to the fan control, I have a black and a white wire coming out
of the remote control and a green from the fan (for the ground).

My question is which of the wires in the junction box should I use. I
guess the Black is hot wire for the fan, so that is easy to connect it
to the black on the junction. Should the white be connected to the
white on the junction or the red wire.

Your response is appreciated.

Thanks

SR.