Posted to alt.home.repair

Default line chalk on carpet

my son in law was over doing some repairs, his chalk line was removed
from his toolbelt by one of the kids and chalk was released onto the
carpet (brand new mind you). Now have some red on the carpet.

I have only vacuumed it so far. Took a brush to try and break it free.
Tonight will use the hose attachment for better control and suction.
I have not put anything wet on it!

Anyone have permanent issues with this? The area was not walked on or
otherwise disturbed. Seems to be in the fibers pretty good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7 Aug 2006 09:45:41 -0700, "bizee" wrote:

my son in law was over doing some repairs, his chalk line was removed
from his toolbelt by one of the kids and chalk was released onto the
carpet (brand new mind you). Now have some red on the carpet.

I have only vacuumed it so far. Took a brush to try and break it free.
Tonight will use the hose attachment for better control and suction.
I have not put anything wet on it!

Anyone have permanent issues with this? The area was not walked on or
otherwise disturbed. Seems to be in the fibers pretty good.

Try using the crevice vacuum attachment, tamp the carpet. With
patience that should get most of it. Avoid using anything wet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bizee wrote:
my son in law was over doing some repairs, his chalk line was removed
from his toolbelt by one of the kids and chalk was released onto the
carpet (brand new mind you). Now have some red on the carpet.

I have only vacuumed it so far. Took a brush to try and break it free.
Tonight will use the hose attachment for better control and suction.
I have not put anything wet on it!

Anyone have permanent issues with this? The area was not walked on or
otherwise disturbed. Seems to be in the fibers pretty good.

As soon as you said red it was over. The red chalk is meant for more
or less permanent markings. I don't know how the blue chalk differs,
but it's a helluva lot easier to clean up.

I'd try some of that oxygenated stuff, then steam cleaning. It might
make it worse, but you've got to try something. Failng with that, you
could have a carpet guy cut out the damaged area and splice in a patch.
Depending on the skill of the carpet guy and the type of carpet the
repair can be anywhere from passable to invisible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7 Aug 2006 13:42:36 -0700, "RicodJour"
wrote:

bizee wrote:
[...]

Or just buy a few cases of red chalk and rub it into the whole carpet.

IceMaker line springs leak [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 30th 06 02:36 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Telephone Line 1/ 2 barry martin Home Repair 0 March 8th 04 07:49 PM
Telephone Line Problems barry martin Home Repair 1 March 7th 04 03:00 AM
What to do with Wet Carpet in a house? TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 4th 04 02:17 AM