Posted to alt.home.repair
CK CK is offline

Default Knocking Noise From Fridge

Hello. My Kenmore fridge is about a year old. I have recently noticed a
knocking noise, from what I believe is the condenser, when the fridge
"cycles" on and off. I'll probably call Sears Maintenance but thought I'd
check here to see if this might be normal or perhaps there's a DIY fix.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:49:17 -0700, "CK"
wrote:

Hello. My Kenmore fridge is about a year old. I have recently noticed a
knocking noise, from what I believe is the condenser, when the fridge
"cycles" on and off. I'll probably call Sears Maintenance but thought I'd
check here to see if this might be normal or perhaps there's a DIY fix.

Thanks,
Chris

I'd ignore it until right before the warranty expires.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You better hope so. I had to have Sears repair out 4 times to get my
ice maker replaced on the new fridge. Their offical bill was about
$128 each time but it was covered by the warranty.

Now, the meat keeper draw has broken. And the replacement arrived
broken. AND, the replacement for the replacement had a chunk out of the
back edge, but it is usable.

The latest thing is the shelf in the freezer is sagging on one side.

Sears/Kenmore/ElectroLux is now terrible crap.

CK wrote:
Hello. My Kenmore fridge is about a year old. I have recently noticed a
knocking noise, from what I believe is the condenser, when the fridge
"cycles" on and off. I'll probably call Sears Maintenance but thought I'd
check here to see if this might be normal or perhaps there's a DIY fix.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kenmore. As sloppy as Shears.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

. ..

CK wrote:
Hello. My Kenmore fridge is about a year old. I have recently

noticed a
knocking noise, from what I believe is the condenser, when the

fridge
"cycles" on and off. I'll probably call Sears Maintenance but

thought I'd
check here to see if this might be normal or perhaps there's a DIY

fix.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:52:38 -0400, Stubby
wrote:

You better hope so. I had to have Sears repair out 4 times to get my
ice maker replaced on the new fridge. Their offical bill was about
$128 each time but it was covered by the warranty.

Now, the meat keeper draw has broken. And the replacement arrived
broken. AND, the replacement for the replacement had a chunk out of the
back edge, but it is usable.

The latest thing is the shelf in the freezer is sagging on one side.

Sears/Kenmore/ElectroLux is now terrible crap.

Mine's a whirlpool with the Kenmore name on it.