Posted to alt.home.repair
PVR PVR is offline

Default Ceiling Fan

I want to install a ceiling fan in a room with existing wiring.

Ceiling fans usually come with three speeds, on/off and reverse. Are there
fans available which use a wireless remote for changing speeds, on/off and
reverse? If so, where can I find one of these?

Peter.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Probably every fan manufacturer makes models with remotes or remote kits.
You can go to lighting stores or Home Depot to find such fans. The best fans
I've installed are made by Casablanca. Their intellitouch series are well
balanced and silent and they make models that use remotes. They are, however
pricey

"PVR" wrote in message
I want to install a ceiling fan in a room with existing wiring.

Ceiling fans usually come with three speeds, on/off and reverse. Are there
fans available which use a wireless remote for changing speeds, on/off and
reverse? If so, where can I find one of these?

Peter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 06:39:03 -0400, "PVR"
wrote:

I want to install a ceiling fan in a room with existing wiring.

Ceiling fans usually come with three speeds, on/off and reverse. Are there
fans available which use a wireless remote for changing speeds, on/off and
reverse? If so, where can I find one of these?

Peter.

Even many of the cheaper fans are remote today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"PVR" wrote in message
I want to install a ceiling fan in a room with existing wiring.

Ceiling fans usually come with three speeds, on/off and reverse. Are there
fans available which use a wireless remote for changing speeds, on/off and
reverse? If so, where can I find one of these?

Peter.

Most any store that sell ceiling fans. In your case, try Homer's, about a
mile past the church on the right side

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

PVR wrote:
I want to install a ceiling fan in a room with existing wiring.

Ceiling fans usually come with three speeds, on/off and reverse. Are there
fans available which use a wireless remote for changing speeds, on/off and
reverse? If so, where can I find one of these?

Peter.

Yes, and not only that it seems as if most manufacturers' remote kits
go with any manufacturer's fan. Although there are some exceptions I
found going through manufacturers' websites, where one or another model
requires a specific remote.

Although, none of them seem to feature a reverse, that remains the
slide switch on the fan.

Anyway, I've been yakking for a while about the fancy remote I got at
Home Depot (their hampton bay line) which is built into a universal
tv/vcr/cable remote, has 3 speed fan and a dimmer for the light. Hooked
up to a hunter fan no problem. was about $35 on sale a few months ago.

more recently, i saw in lowes an in the wall switch conversion for
fans, fits into a single switch space but has two controls built in
(and you install the receiver up top of the fan to the two wires power
from the switch box to the fan, like with a wireless), with like 5
speeds for the fan and 7 levels for the light, for about $50.

there a lot of other varieties by various manufacturers. not every
store has all the various models in stock, so look around until you
find what suits you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

PVR wrote:
I want to install a ceiling fan in a room with existing wiring.

Ceiling fans usually come with three speeds, on/off and reverse. Are there
fans available which use a wireless remote for changing speeds, on/off and
reverse? If so, where can I find one of these?

Peter.

You don't mention what size fan you need, but we installed the 60"
Hunter "Grand Lodge" model from Lowes a while back. Speed control,
light control, and reverse all on the remote. Here's the link:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...530&lpage=none

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Squirrel" wrote in message
oups.com...

PVR wrote:
I want to install a ceiling fan in a room with existing wiring.

Ceiling fans usually come with three speeds, on/off and reverse. Are
there
fans available which use a wireless remote for changing speeds, on/off
and
reverse? If so, where can I find one of these?

Peter.

You don't mention what size fan you need, but we installed the 60"
Hunter "Grand Lodge" model from Lowes a while back. Speed control,
light control, and reverse all on the remote. Here's the link:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...530&lpage=none

You can also purchase just the remote control unit and retrofit an existing
fan -- Regards --

Removing Hot Air from Vaulted Ceiling Todd Home Repair 21 July 19th 12 02:42 AM
My ceiling needs some tlc - cover up or replace? none UK diy 5 February 27th 06 03:42 PM
pool pump [email protected] Home Repair 144 December 10th 05 02:01 AM
Ceiling Fan Steve Home Repair 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Extending electrical box on ceiling fixtures?? Ray Home Repair 3 November 23rd 03 01:50 AM