Posted to alt.home.repair
Rob Rob is offline

Default 2004 18hp Briggs & Stratton no spark

My tractor had no spark and I changed the magneto, had a very strong
spark and it worked and started fine. The next day it did not start
and the spark was very faint. I changed the plug but still nothing.
Could it be an excessive gap in the magneto versus the flywheel?

Any help would be appreciated

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, it can be excess gap. Usually what I've done on small mowers is
to tear open a spark plug box. PUt that between the flywheel magnets,
and the coil. The cardboard has been about the right distance for my
uses.

The wire that stops the engine may also have worn a hole in the
insulation. So, it may be the kill wire which is... uh.... killing it.
Know what I mean, jelly bean? But usually a kill wire problem gives no
spark at all.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...

Old Carrier furnace: spark igniter Puddin' Man Home Repair 0 September 30th 05 04:30 PM
Briggs & Stratton 3.5hp running too rich? (Cutting out) [email protected] UK diy 18 September 27th 05 08:21 AM
Briggs & Stratton 3.5hp running too rich? (Cutting out) [email protected] Home Repair 17 September 26th 05 08:53 PM
Briggs & Stratton ignition question Roger Shoaf Metalworking 35 May 3rd 05 04:18 AM
3HP Briggs & Stratton choke not working combs Home Repair 2 December 4th 04 02:26 PM