Junior Member

Question 3HP Briggs & Stratton choke not working

I have an older Tru-Test snow thrower with a 3HP Briggs & Stratton motor on it. The only way that I can get the unit to start, everytime is to unscrew the spark plug, pour in a shot of gas, and put the plug back in. It will start everytime this way. It appears that the manual choking system is not working. I am not an expert on Briggs & Stratton equipment and I am not sure where to start investigation.
Stormin Mormon

One other thing to check. Sometimes on snow blowers, the gasket between the
carb and the engine goes bad. Dries out or whatever. I've had a case where
the choke was fine, but air was getting in through the gasket.

If you can't find a replacement, just give it a light coat of Permatex #2
non hardening gasket sealer, and put it all back together.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"combs" wrote in message

I have an older Tru-Test snow thrower with a 3HP Briggs & Stratton motor
on it. The only way that I can get the unit to start, everytime is to
unscrew the spark plug, pour in a shot of gas, and put the plug back
in. It will start everytime this way. It appears that the manual
choking system is not working. I am not an expert on Briggs & Stratton
equipment and I am not sure where to start investigation.

--
combs

m Ransley

Look in the carburator throat, there is a circular disk that swivels ,
find it and the attached link, it may have come off or be jammed, make
sure it closes on ckoke and opens on run.