Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC question

I have an AC question; I have My AC unite in the ceiling Coils and
compressor are outside. Well when my son said there was a large spot in his
ceiling I knew what it was, the condensate pan under the AC was at the brim
dripping over, But the over flow line was dripping outside so I did not
suspect any problem. I shoved a wire down the line from the pan, Then I
sucked the line out with a shopvac from outside , that cleared the line.
There are two lines from the unite One with a trap and clean-out that should
be piped to a vent or waste line. (Ten days of 100 plus to hot to trace) Now
the other line from unite pipes into the line from the pan the out the
house. Now here's were I'm getting confused. Before I cleared the line the
was a constant drip from the overflow line (almost like running that much
water) Now that I have cleared there in no water what so ever the pan is
dry. The AC is still running on over time until today finally cooling off.
So why would there be no water Condensation at all now? I would think
condensation would still form.

I am also replacing the pan looks like is about rusted threw
( 14 years old) the condensate drain line looks like something a kid did ,
unless they engendered a hump over a backbone. The new pan will be
Stainless, Aluminum or copper with a copper drain line , 10" straight run
less the hump.

To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM