Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What Kind of Fence?

I am considering replacing a fence. I currently have a 6' stockade that is
about 100' long and 15 - 20 years old. I replace about 2, 8' panels per
year.

I am thinking of replacing it with a 6', 6" x 3/4" pressure treated, pine
fence. Is this a good choice? I figured the 3/4" would last longer than
the 1/2"? My dog breaks off the bottoms of the stockade fence.

Is pine a normal selection or should I see about other woods? I live in
southeast Virginia

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cedar is very good for fencing. Resists rot and takes stain well.
I live in cedar country, so it is not too expensive. This may not be the
situation where you live.
Des

Which Fence rockfish Woodworking 10 February 2nd 06 04:46 PM
LV jointer plane fence is too tall for me David Woodworking 0 December 3rd 05 08:16 PM
Jointech Fence System V.S. Incra LS Super System ScRaPLeR Woodworking 6 October 12th 05 12:38 AM
Excalibur sliding table help needed max Woodworking 8 February 3rd 05 04:09 PM
Aligning a Vega utility 50 fence Alan W Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 05:21 PM