DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What Kind of Fence? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/170686-what-kind-fence.html)

Mike L. July 28th 06 09:25 PM

What Kind of Fence?

I am considering replacing a fence. I currently have a 6' stockade that is
about 100' long and 15 - 20 years old. I replace about 2, 8' panels per
year.

I am thinking of replacing it with a 6', 6" x 3/4" pressure treated, pine
fence. Is this a good choice? I figured the 3/4" would last longer than
the 1/2"? My dog breaks off the bottoms of the stockade fence.

Is pine a normal selection or should I see about other woods? I live in
southeast Virginia

Thanks

Des Perado July 28th 06 10:59 PM

What Kind of Fence?

Cedar is very good for fencing. Resists rot and takes stain well.
I live in cedar country, so it is not too expensive. This may not be the
situation where you live.
Des