Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moving lawn furniture

I've got a new lawn (a couple of months now since sodding). I've also got
lawn furniture -- table and wooden lawn chairs. We move them every week, so
the grass underneath gets sun and water. But an interesting thing is
happening. In some spots, the grass has almost died anyway (usually a spot
the size and shape of a chair leg). In several of those spots, grass is in
fact growing, but it's a completely different kind of grass. (I think I've
got a kind of fescue sod, but it looks like St. Augustine growing in the
spots.)

Anyone have an idea what's going on and what to do about it? Obviously, I
can get rid of the lawn furniture, but after all, it is sort of nice to be
able to have drinks or a meal outside, and without a patio, this is the
option.

Jim Beaver