Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Moving lawn furniture

"Jim Beaver" wrote in
y.net:

I've got a new lawn (a couple of months now since sodding). I've also
got lawn furniture -- table and wooden lawn chairs. We move them
every week, so the grass underneath gets sun and water. But an
interesting thing is happening. In some spots, the grass has almost
died anyway (usually a spot the size and shape of a chair leg). In
several of those spots, grass is in fact growing, but it's a
completely different kind of grass. (I think I've got a kind of
fescue sod, but it looks like St. Augustine growing in the spots.)

Anyone have an idea what's going on and what to do about it?
Obviously, I can get rid of the lawn furniture, but after all, it is
sort of nice to be able to have drinks or a meal outside, and without
a patio, this is the option.

Jim Beaver

Another thought. Maybe the dog is ****ing on the chair legs.