Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hayward Pool Ultra Vac Question

I have one of these filter robots. So far, I really like it, but it is
slowing down, stuttering, and sometimes stopping. It is about two years
old. I disassembled it partially, and there are no obvious obstructions,
and the vacuum gauge reads plenty of suction. No strings, rocks, or
anything.

The feet seem to be wearing. Other than that, not much signs of obvious
wear.

Anyone know of a website that has a guide to troubleshooting or an exploded
diagram ?

Anyone have any experience with servicing these?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

I do. I've had it for about 6 years. Wings, feet and bearings seem to
be the main issues with them. It's pretty easy to figure out the
complete disassembly, too. Open it up and look for problems in the
transmission from the "paddlewheel" back. The little gearbox only
governs the pattern that the cleaner traverses on the pool floor, so
you can probably skip that area.Tom
Steve B wrote:
I have one of these filter robots. So far, I really like it, but it is
slowing down, stuttering, and sometimes stopping. It is about two years
old. I disassembled it partially, and there are no obvious obstructions,
and the vacuum gauge reads plenty of suction. No strings, rocks, or
anything.

The feet seem to be wearing. Other than that, not much signs of obvious
wear.

Anyone know of a website that has a guide to troubleshooting or an exploded
diagram ?

Anyone have any experience with servicing these?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

haasrw1031 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...on-132023-.htm
:

Steve B wrote:
I have one of these filter robots. So far, I really like it, but
it is
slowing down, stuttering, and sometimes stopping. It is about two
years
old. I disassembled it partially, and there are no obvious
obstructions,
and the vacuum gauge reads plenty of suction. No strings, rocks,
or
anything.

Here is a fantastic site that can help you.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4418165_tr...-turbines.html

The feet seem to be wearing. Other than that, not much signs of
obvious
wear.

Anyone know of a website that has a guide to troubleshooting or an
exploded
diagram ?

Anyone have any experience with servicing these?

Steve

-------------------------------------

__!__
-----o-----
\" \"
Bob Haas

Posted to alt.home.repair

m...

Steve B wrote:
[...]

Not sure where this discussion is at this point, but as I was quoted from a
long ago quote, here's an update. I took it to the pool shop, and they did
a complete rebuild. In doing so, the rebuild kit changes from bushings to
ball bearings. Everything just about is replaced. The thing works just
like new. Better than new, because the rebuild kit has higher grade
materials than factory original.

Steve