Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Hayward Pool Ultra Vac Question

I do. I've had it for about 6 years. Wings, feet and bearings seem to
be the main issues with them. It's pretty easy to figure out the
complete disassembly, too. Open it up and look for problems in the
transmission from the "paddlewheel" back. The little gearbox only
governs the pattern that the cleaner traverses on the pool floor, so
you can probably skip that area.Tom
Steve B wrote:
I have one of these filter robots. So far, I really like it, but it is
slowing down, stuttering, and sometimes stopping. It is about two years
old. I disassembled it partially, and there are no obvious obstructions,
and the vacuum gauge reads plenty of suction. No strings, rocks, or
anything.

The feet seem to be wearing. Other than that, not much signs of obvious
wear.

Anyone know of a website that has a guide to troubleshooting or an exploded
diagram ?

Anyone have any experience with servicing these?

Steve