Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Swimming Pool opening/closing question

I had my in-ground pool (20' x 40') closed last winter by a different
company than the one I used before. They put a few gallons of
anti-freeze into the return pipes after blew the water out (while the
previous company didn't add the anti-freeze). When I open the pool this
year, I added Algaecide, Total Alkaline, Shock, PH+, etc in the first
week at different time. Whatever I put in the pool will cause large
amount of foam (and it's gone after a few hours). Another thing
different was that I didn't see hundreds of worms in my pool this year.
Yes, I got them in previous openings.

My pool used to get clear in 3~4 days. Now, it's been a week, it merely
turns light green. I put total of 3 gallons of algaecide, 25 lbs of
shock in my pool already.

Can somebody explain the worms and foam thing? Could be there a crack
in the return pipe that cause the foam and also allowed the forms to
flee?

Thanks,
-H

Posted to alt.home.repair

All I can offer is this. Algecide comes in regular and a NON-Foaming
liquid. I made the mistake of getting the kind that foams up and had
to wait it out.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

By antifreeze, I assume you mean ethylene glycol. A few gallons of that
could cause a little foaming. Call that pool company for advice on how to
remediate. The worms may have been living in the pipes filled with water
that was displaced by the antifreeze this year, thus no worms.

Try some flocculating stuff to clear the water the rest of the way.

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

Now, it's been a week, it merely
turns light green. I put total of 3 gallons of algaecide, 25 lbs of
shock in my pool already.

What're the pH and CA readings?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Craven Morehead

Get professional, reputable help. You do not know what you're doing but you
ARE wasting your money.
ups.com...