Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stainless steel cleaner

Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner? One that I can use for
kitchen appliances, etc. The last one I tried was something old I had in
the closet for many years that I inherited somehow. It was basically some
sort of oil, which didn't look horrible, but dripped and made a mess and
was a nightmare to clean off next time I cleaned it. Looking for something
better (not an oil) and more modern. Also tried 409, which streaked really
badly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeffc writes:

Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner?

Ethanloamine based oven cleaner.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Richard J Kinch writes:

Ethanloamine

Ethanolamine, sorry.
Posted to alt.home.repair

jeffc wrote:
Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner?

Brasso.

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

We us a 3m brand cleaner from Costco. Works great, takes very little to
clean.

"Lena" wrote in message
ups.com...

jeffc wrote:
Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner?

Brasso.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I know this sounds a bit Weird, but I use the Orange Furniture Polish.

I clean the fridge of any real grime, then take a lint free cloth and use
the Orange Furniture polish. It smells good and its oil based. I think
Mineral Oil is what the Banks use on the walk in vaults.

Its great on keeping them shiny and clean. Fingerprints don't show up as
easy either.

Scott-

"jeffc" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner? One that I can use for
kitchen appliances, etc. The last one I tried was something old I had in
the closet for many years that I inherited somehow. It was basically some
sort of oil, which didn't look horrible, but dripped and made a mess and
was a nightmare to clean off next time I cleaned it. Looking for
something better (not an oil) and more modern. Also tried 409, which
streaked really badly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeffc wrote:
Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner? One that I can use for
kitchen appliances, etc. The last one I tried was something old I had in
the closet for many years that I inherited somehow. It was basically some
sort of oil, which didn't look horrible, but dripped and made a mess and
was a nightmare to clean off next time I cleaned it. Looking for something
better (not an oil) and more modern. Also tried 409, which streaked really
badly.

"Barkeeper's Friend". A scouring type cleanser like Comet. Available in
most supermarkets.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:54:38 GMT, "jeffc" wrote:

:Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner? One that I can use for
:kitchen appliances, etc. The last one I tried was something old I had in
:the closet for many years that I inherited somehow. It was basically some
:sort of oil, which didn't look horrible, but dripped and made a mess and
:was a nightmare to clean off next time I cleaned it. Looking for something
:better (not an oil) and more modern. Also tried 409, which streaked really
:badly.
:

I posted a similar thread a year or two ago. The stuff I had was great
but I ran out of it. In the end, I didn't even know what it was. I had
the remaining whitish powder in a jar.

One recommendation I got was Bon Ami. It's like a cleanser (the
container), and it works quite well. It's pretty cheap, too. Also, you
can clean your sinks & tubs, etc. with it and it works very well indeed
on stains on glazed pottery (e.g. mugs). Does a nice job on stainless.