Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Stainless steel cleaner

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:54:38 GMT, "jeffc" wrote:

:Can anyone recommend a stainless steel cleaner? One that I can use for
:kitchen appliances, etc. The last one I tried was something old I had in
:the closet for many years that I inherited somehow. It was basically some
:sort of oil, which didn't look horrible, but dripped and made a mess and
:was a nightmare to clean off next time I cleaned it. Looking for something
:better (not an oil) and more modern. Also tried 409, which streaked really
:badly.
:

I posted a similar thread a year or two ago. The stuff I had was great
but I ran out of it. In the end, I didn't even know what it was. I had
the remaining whitish powder in a jar.

One recommendation I got was Bon Ami. It's like a cleanser (the
container), and it works quite well. It's pretty cheap, too. Also, you
can clean your sinks & tubs, etc. with it and it works very well indeed
on stains on glazed pottery (e.g. mugs). Does a nice job on stainless.