Posted to alt.home.repair

Default outdoor drain is clogged

I have an outdoor drain that leads from the gutter downspot under my
front lawn and out to the sidewalk. it's become evident after a few
rain events that this drain is clogged, as a new homeowner I'm not sure
for how long (how was built in 1914 and in disrepair when we bought).
what is a good method for cleaning out this type of drain?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gsk1973" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an outdoor drain that leads from the gutter downspot under my
front lawn and out to the sidewalk. it's become evident after a few
rain events that this drain is clogged, as a new homeowner I'm not sure
for how long (how was built in 1914 and in disrepair when we bought).
what is a good method for cleaning out this type of drain?

Long plumber's snake (25-50 feet), high pressure nozzle from your hose, a
pressure washer, maybe try to push a hose down there with the water
blasting??

Posted to alt.home.repair

try pushing running garden hose up from the sidewalk exit aand then
from the downspout end. if this doesnt work get a snake. how long is
the run?

its important to keep your gutters clean since thats how lines
clog.......