Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bees in cinder block wall

I have this block wall along my back yard.

it has about 3 egg size holes in it, with bee going in and out of those
holes.

I have gone out there at nite and sprayed the normal 10ft bee
spray but .. its not doing the trick

the spray works great with a normal hive ..but .. the little
*******s can really hide in that wall ..

anybody got any experience with this ??

thanks
mike
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Mike_in_SD wrote:
I have this block wall along my back yard.

it has about 3 egg size holes in it, with bee going in and out of those
holes.

I have gone out there at nite and sprayed the normal 10ft bee
spray but .. its not doing the trick

If it's all block and just a retaining wall as I surmise, just mix up
some mortar and patch up the holes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it's all block and just a retaining wall as I surmise, just mix up
some mortar and patch up the holes.

lol .. although they are very inactive at nite .. they are not
dead .. there is still 2 or 3 "security guards" buzzin about.

my wife is real happy though .. because .. that was her suggestion

and dont get me wrong .. I will probably try that .. running up
there and splatting some mud on it.

wait . . . how about that spray insulation stuff that expands ..
do ya think that would work ?

mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

probably wasps , they eat bugs so why kill them, the only time they
bother you is for your food. If you still want them dead get Ortho Seven
a powder, tape a cup on a pole and pour powder in their holes

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in
oups.com:

Mike_in_SD wrote:
I have this block wall along my back yard.

it has about 3 egg size holes in it, with bee going in and out of
those holes.

I have gone out there at nite and sprayed the normal 10ft bee
spray but .. its not doing the trick

If it's all block and just a retaining wall as I surmise, just mix up
some mortar and patch up the holes.

I usually never bother the bees. Leave them alone and they never screw
with me. I've banged nails, painted, whatever around them with no
issues.

But when they are in a high traffic area someone is bound to give them
the wrong idea and get nailed. Then it's juice 'em time.

Now I must confess. I did go out of my way to have some fun once. A
similar thing with an opening and they were inside. The hole was maybe
2" square. Lit a whole pack of firecrackers, tossed it in and slammed a
premade duct tape cover over it. Ran like hell. Me and a bud were LOFAO.
Went back and looked. Some sloooowly came...errr...staggered out.
Senses were not up to par. They were actually stepping out of the hole
and falling off to the ground. Now we were LOFAO in tears.

So being in the 4th of July timeframe here, maybe you can snag a couple
of cherry bombs. Please fill us in. Videos clips would be nice.

Passionate Al...

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Mike_in_SD wrote:

If it's all block and just a retaining wall as I surmise, just mix up
some mortar and patch up the holes.

lol .. although they are very inactive at nite .. they are not
dead .. there is still 2 or 3 "security guards" buzzin about.

my wife is real happy though .. because .. that was her suggestion

and dont get me wrong .. I will probably try that .. running up
there and splatting some mud on it.

wait . . . how about that spray insulation stuff that expands ..
do ya think that would work ?

Depends on what type of bee it is...some would probably be able to work
through it altho not likely a honeybee could. I doubt it would last
long, but then again, after a few months you could knock it out and do
a real patch job.

But, I'd just spray the holes first, have the mortar ready and be in
long sleeves, etc., and go to it. A few buzzing around aren't likely
to be a major hassle unless they're Africanized or a hornet or similar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

if you have access to the hole gasoline kills them instantly. mark
ho;le in daylight do job at niite with no lites, they will attack
lites....

with a hole in the ground type a bucket of gasoline is instant death,
no need to lite the hydrocarbons kill them

Posted to alt.home.repair
Orv Orv is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
if you have access to the hole gasoline kills them instantly. mark
ho;le in daylight do job at niite with no lites, they will attack
lites....

with a hole in the ground type a bucket of gasoline is instant death,
no need to lite the hydrocarbons kill them

I had a similar problem with an old, light fixture hole that was covered up
with a shutter. Yellow jackets (or variant) had made a nice home in there. I
used the expanding foam and it worked like a charm!

Caution: Use rubber gloves (kitchen type) when using this stuff..I managed
to get some on my hands the first time I used it and nothing would get it
off. I tried everything from alcohol to gasoline!
-Orv

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike_in_SD wrote:
I have this block wall along my back yard.

it has about 3 egg size holes in it, with bee going in and out of
those holes.

I have gone out there at nite and sprayed the normal 10ft bee
spray but .. its not doing the trick

the spray works great with a normal hive ..but .. the little
*******s can really hide in that wall ..

anybody got any experience with this ??

thanks
mike

I'm a believer in live and let live. Are they really a problem?
Likely they are doing you some good you may not know about. Sort of depends
on exactly what kind they are.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Orv wrote:

I had a similar problem with an old, light fixture hole that was covered up
with a shutter. Yellow jackets (or variant) had made a nice home in there. I
used the expanding foam and it worked like a charm!

Caution: Use rubber gloves (kitchen type) when using this stuff..I managed
to get some on my hands the first time I used it and nothing would get it
off. I tried everything from alcohol to gasoline!
-Orv

Acetone or nail polish remover will take off the foam, it will even get
it out of your hair. Also cleans up Liquid Nails.

For the bugs I usually use Brake Kleen (shoots as far as wasp spray) or
carb cleaner (drops them from the sky). Brake Kleen works best for me,
any auto store or K/Wal mart will have it. Always have a can in my
pouch when on the ladder.

The foam will probably work but will look like crap when you are done.
Spray something in the hole to kill or stun them, stuff in some
newspaper, mortar over paper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:53:44 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 00:53:49 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Orv" quickly quoth:

wrote in message
roups.com...
if you have access to the hole gasoline kills them instantly. mark
ho;le in daylight do job at niite with no lites, they will attack
lites....

with a hole in the ground type a bucket of gasoline is instant death,
no need to lite the hydrocarbons kill them

And taint the groundwater? NOT a good idea AT ALL!

I had a similar problem with an old, light fixture hole that was covered up
with a shutter. Yellow jackets (or variant) had made a nice home in there. I
used the expanding foam and it worked like a charm!

Caution: Use rubber gloves (kitchen type) when using this stuff..I managed
to get some on my hands the first time I used it and nothing would get it
off. I tried everything from alcohol to gasoline!

Mineral spirits, acetone, and lacquer thinner have all worked for me
to remove canned foam. I usually buy the medium expansion stuff. The
fast expanding style can explode boxes if you're not careful. g

For bees, I hope everyone calls a beekeeper to remove them and keep
them alive. They'll usually do it for free. There is a real problem
with our honeybees dying out so keeping as many bees alive as possible
is a Good Thing(c). Bees are good guys. They keep our foods growing
through pollination!

I like bees too.
But it is wrong to suggest that a beekeeper will do it for free.
Maybe if you could turn back the clock about a hundred years, but not
today.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18 Jul 2006 20:58:40 -0700, "
wrote:

if you have access to the hole gasoline kills them instantly. mark
ho;le in daylight do job at niite with no lites, they will attack
lites....

with a hole in the ground type a bucket of gasoline is instant death,
no need to lite the hydrocarbons kill them

huh?

Does this work on mice in the house?

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't the lizards eat the bees? At the very least they eat other
pests. I think you are too eager to kill things.

lol .. Yes .. the lizards do eat the bees .. but . they dont eat
fast enough .. and chill .. im NOT going to kill the lizards

trust me, If you had a bunch of bees in your yard, keeping you from
walking around your yard, you would kill them tooo.

maybe you should come and pet them and ask them to leave .. grin

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

In article , NOPSAMmm2005
@bigfoot.com says...
fast enough .. and chill .. im NOT going to kill the lizards

I thought you sprayed poison at them.

his spray didn't kill the bees so it is supposed to kill a higher life
form that feeds on un-effected bees?
--
Lar

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Al Bundy, bw ave wrote:
wow.. you're kinda a jerk arent you.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-129649-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Tom The Great, bw ave wrote:
It would, however, be humane to get them out first, as much as you can. wow
the number of people on here who don't hesitate to killl them and actually
also seem to take pleasure in it....unbelievable...are you all rednecks or
what?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-129649-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/4/2017 6:44 PM, bw ave wrote:
replying to Al Bundy, bw ave wrote:
wow.. you're kinda a jerk arent you.

So Al killed a few bees, so what!Â* Did you ever consider the billions of bees that are killed by the toxic pesticides being sprayed by Big Ag Inc?

A few more years and all bugs will be dead anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to bw ave, Bobby wrote:
He/ my kinda guy. Bees CAN kill you

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-129649-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/4/17 6:44 PM, bw ave wrote:
replying to Tom The Great, bw ave wrote:
It would, however, be humane to get them out first, as much as you can.
wow
the number of people on here who don't hesitate to killl them and actually
also seem to take pleasure in it....unbelievable...are you all rednecks or
what?

Yee-haw, ya' got that right, twinkie-boi snowflake...

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?