Posted to alt.home.repair

Default insulating large crawl space

"cece e." wrote in message
news:132aac0977b846a6b906e82bba95aa42@homerepairli ve.com...
Ok. I have never ever insulated anything in my life. However, I have two
very large crawl spaces under my house that has to be insulated and I want
to do it myself. I have bought goggles, an automatic stapler, gloves,
disposable jump suit and the insulation. Am I on the right track? I know I
have the right insulation because I had a contractor come to my house and
give me an estimate and he wrote down on the contract the amount and type
of insulation that I will need. Is it dangerous to work with insulation if
you don't know what you are doing? Do I have all the required gear to do
the job? Any helpful hints or suggestions on successfully completing the
job and does it take a long time to do it (if you are not a professional)?
Thanks for your help

Just a word of caution...it wouldn't be unheard of for a contractor to write
down the wrong kind and amount of insulation on an estimate to make it
harder for the do it yourselfer to get free planning help. Also to make it
harder to call around and get additional (cheaper) estimates based on the
original contractors materials estimate. Retailer I worked for suggested we
modify cabinet sizes in the drawing for kitchen estimates (free) so the
customer couldn't take them into the big orange box and have their salesman
pull the sizes off the drawing. And if they did foolishly order based on
the drawing, things didn't work out.