Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outdoor paint on plastic question

I've got black flexible Corex drainage pipe that I would like to make blend
in better in the yard.

What kind of paint would adhere to this stuff? Rustoleum maybe? We get a lot
of sun.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

rust oleum makes a special plastic paint. regular rust oleum appears to
hold up well............

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Gavin wrote:
I've got black flexible Corex drainage pipe that I would like to make blend
in better in the yard.

What kind of paint would adhere to this stuff? Rustoleum maybe? We get a lot
of sun.

Thanks

I've primed ABS pipe for outdoor use with Kilz primer and then painted
it with regular old water-based acrylic outdoor paint. It's holding
up so far. I've also heard of paints marketed especially for use on
plastic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Gavin wrote:
I've got black flexible Corex drainage pipe that I would like to make blend
in better in the yard.

What kind of paint would adhere to this stuff? Rustoleum maybe? We get a lot
of sun.

Thanks

There are two main makers of spray paint that bond to plastic. Krylon
Fusion and Rustoleum Paint for Plastic. In the Rustoleum line you have
a choice of 6to 8 standard colors as well as hammered and textured
finishes for plastic. If none of those colors are suitable for your
project there is a plastic primer that you can use then, you my spray
any of Rustoleums paints over the primer. In the upper midwest these
products can be found at a Menards store.
Hope this helps.

Temporary adhesive question [email protected] Home Repair 1 February 28th 06 02:32 PM
Are push fit plumbing fittings any good? Steve UK diy 75 September 3rd 05 01:56 PM
Plastic gutter question newman UK diy 7 May 2nd 05 11:43 PM
Ground Wires In A Plastic Gang Box & Wire Nut Question ? Robert11 Home Repair 7 April 24th 05 08:52 PM