DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Outdoor paint on plastic question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/168812-outdoor-paint-plastic-question.html)

Kurt Gavin July 10th 06 10:37 PM

Outdoor paint on plastic question

I've got black flexible Corex drainage pipe that I would like to make blend
in better in the yard.

What kind of paint would adhere to this stuff? Rustoleum maybe? We get a lot
of sun.

Thanks

[email protected] July 10th 06 11:20 PM

Outdoor paint on plastic question

rust oleum makes a special plastic paint. regular rust oleum appears to
hold up well............

[email protected] July 11th 06 12:16 AM

Kurt Gavin wrote:
I've got black flexible Corex drainage pipe that I would like to make blend
in better in the yard.

What kind of paint would adhere to this stuff? Rustoleum maybe? We get a lot
of sun.

Thanks

I've primed ABS pipe for outdoor use with Kilz primer and then painted
it with regular old water-based acrylic outdoor paint. It's holding
up so far. I've also heard of paints marketed especially for use on
plastic.

Stoic1 July 11th 06 01:37 AM

Kurt Gavin wrote:
I've got black flexible Corex drainage pipe that I would like to make blend
in better in the yard.

What kind of paint would adhere to this stuff? Rustoleum maybe? We get a lot
of sun.

Thanks

There are two main makers of spray paint that bond to plastic. Krylon
Fusion and Rustoleum Paint for Plastic. In the Rustoleum line you have
a choice of 6to 8 standard colors as well as hammered and textured
finishes for plastic. If none of those colors are suitable for your
project there is a plastic primer that you can use then, you my spray
any of Rustoleums paints over the primer. In the upper midwest these
products can be found at a Menards store.
Hope this helps.