Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do these numbers on a cable splitter really mean?

Hello all,

I have been having problems with my cable modem. I split the line where
it comes in the house. One leg to my modem, the other to the TV.

My internet kept dropping signal. I was sure to get a splitter that
provided a direct pass-thru to 7dB on both outputs.

There is a three way splitter on the line coming in from you pole. It
has output 7dB, 7dB, and 3.5dB.

Anyway, the cable guy came out and switched the hookup on the three-way
splitter. He took the line that goes to my cable modem and TV off of a
7dB terminal and out it on the 3.5dB terminal. All is well now.

how is this possible?

Thank fred.

What do these numbers on a cable splitter really mean? Fred Wilson Home Repair 26 April 17th 17 05:13 AM
How would you split a coax cable at the end? miamicuse Home Repair 7 January 2nd 07 02:21 AM
Cable Identification Adebisi UK diy 28 April 7th 06 04:06 PM
CATV - Cable Signal Leak pray4surf Home Repair 15 December 22nd 04 02:19 AM
Routeing Electrical FTE cable pickerel UK diy 3 July 24th 03 12:43 AM