Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help! Fridge/Freezer not keeping cold.

I have a 6-year-old Maytag model MTB2156DEW. Freezer not keeping cold
enough. Ice maker makes ice intermittently. Freezer temperature is
23* and the fridge is 30*.

Two days ago we unplugged the fridge for 24 hours. The next day
everything seemed to be working good. Today the freezer is getting
frost on one side in the back. This a frost-free freezer. Freezer
top, fridge bottom. Can anyone please give me any suggestions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am not a technician, but from past experience sometimes either a
circulating fan or filter needs servicing. If you haven't done it already,
remove the bottom grill and vacuum the coils. Sometimes there is a fan and
filter in the back of some units. Roll the fridge out to check. If all
else fails, read the manual or call a technician.
"terry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 6-year-old Maytag model MTB2156DEW. Freezer not keeping cold
enough. Ice maker makes ice intermittently. Freezer temperature is
23* and the fridge is 30*.

Two days ago we unplugged the fridge for 24 hours. The next day
everything seemed to be working good. Today the freezer is getting
frost on one side in the back. This a frost-free freezer. Freezer
top, fridge bottom. Can anyone please give me any suggestions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

donh wrote:
I am not a technician, but from past experience sometimes either a
circulating fan or filter needs servicing. If you haven't done it already,
remove the bottom grill and vacuum the coils. Sometimes there is a fan and
filter in the back of some units. Roll the fridge out to check. If all
else fails, read the manual or call a technician.
"terry" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have a 6-year-old Maytag model MTB2156DEW. Freezer not keeping cold
enough. Ice maker makes ice intermittently. Freezer temperature is
23* and the fridge is 30*.

Two days ago we unplugged the fridge for 24 hours. The next day
everything seemed to be working good. Today the freezer is getting
frost on one side in the back. This a frost-free freezer. Freezer
top, fridge bottom. Can anyone please give me any suggestions.

Hi,
And defroster(basically a heater which comes on once a day) timer going bad?

Concrete in cold weather bhads UK diy 1 November 29th 05 07:54 PM
strange flow behaviour from cold water tap. urchaidh UK diy 11 November 24th 05 07:16 PM
How to turn 'cold room' in basement to living space? ississauga Home Repair 4 January 29th 04 12:36 AM
electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please! Andrea UK diy 4 July 12th 03 07:59 AM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM