Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking Washing Machine

Happy July 4th.
Whirlpool LA700M - LA7000XMNO leaks.
How can I determine the cause?
Can the self-cleaning lint filter get clogged?

Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
Happy July 4th.
Whirlpool LA700M - LA7000XMNO leaks.
How can I determine the cause?
Can the self-cleaning lint filter get clogged?

Hi,

LA7000XMNO

Closest that would work for me LA7000XMW0

How can I determine the cause?

View, check, observe, test....a tip:
A fairly quick way to narrow down where to look for a leak, place a
sheet of cardboard under the washer ( it should be almost as big as the
washer ) and run a short cycle. When the washer is finished, look for
the wet spot on the cardboard, this will help point you in what
direction to look for where the leak is coming
from...front...back...right side...left side.
http://www.applianceaid.com/inglis-common.html#leaking

Can the self-cleaning lint filter get clogged?

Yes.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:19 AM
Frigidaire front-loading washing machine is taking NAPS! [email protected] Home Repair 27 January 24th 06 05:24 AM
Can I move Washing machine? Simon UK diy 8 November 23rd 05 05:05 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM