Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing carpet over engineered wood floor?

Hi all-

I live in a small one bedroom condo with an engineered hardwood floor
(oak wool\d). However, I'll shortly be renting out the condo and
would like to put carpet over the wood floor. I'm doing this for
sound insullation purposes, as I've found the wood floor in my condo
(2nd story unit) causes too much interior noise stemming from the
below unit..........oh well, you live you learn. So, I'd like to put
carpet down so my renter will have less noise problems.

In this process, I'd like to not damage the existing engineered wood
floor. Are there any suggestions out there about how I might install
the carpet without damaging the wood floor?

I appreciate all comments!

Thanks,
Ben

Posted to alt.home.repair

"photoflow" wrote in message
Hi all-

I live in a small one bedroom condo with an engineered hardwood floor
(oak wool\d). However, I'll shortly be renting out the condo and
would like to put carpet over the wood floor.

In this process, I'd like to not damage the existing engineered wood
floor. Are there any suggestions out there about how I might install
the carpet without damaging the wood floor?

Tack strips for wall to wall will damage the floor. Just put down a room
sized rug as close to full dimensions as possible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think it can easily be done with tack strips glued to the wood
floor. Use the right glue and it will hold firmly and then can be
scraped off when the time come. The stuff used to glue down
parquette flooring to concrete would work. Anyone that has done that
knows that the glue gets all over the top of the flooring and has to
be removed slowly and carefully, but it can be done.

When the carpet guys lay the carpet tell them to go easy on the
pulling.

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 04:36:22 GMT, lid (photoflow) wrote:

Hi all-

I live in a small one bedroom condo with an engineered hardwood floor
(oak wool\d). However, I'll shortly be renting out the condo and
would like to put carpet over the wood floor. I'm doing this for
sound insullation purposes, as I've found the wood floor in my condo
(2nd story unit) causes too much interior noise stemming from the
below unit..........oh well, you live you learn. So, I'd like to put
carpet down so my renter will have less noise problems.

In this process, I'd like to not damage the existing engineered wood
floor. Are there any suggestions out there about how I might install
the carpet without damaging the wood floor?

I appreciate all comments!

Thanks,
Ben

### micro-FAQ on wood # 68 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 June 24th 06 04:22 PM
"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 047 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 September 15th 05 06:47 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 033 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 March 7th 05 08:04 PM