Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing carpet over engineered wood floor?

"photoflow" wrote in message
Hi all-

I live in a small one bedroom condo with an engineered hardwood floor
(oak wool\d). However, I'll shortly be renting out the condo and
would like to put carpet over the wood floor.

In this process, I'd like to not damage the existing engineered wood
floor. Are there any suggestions out there about how I might install
the carpet without damaging the wood floor?

Tack strips for wall to wall will damage the floor. Just put down a room
sized rug as close to full dimensions as possible.