Posted to alt.home.repair
photoflow photoflow is offline

Default Installing carpet over engineered wood floor?

Hi all-

I live in a small one bedroom condo with an engineered hardwood floor
(oak wool\d). However, I'll shortly be renting out the condo and
would like to put carpet over the wood floor. I'm doing this for
sound insullation purposes, as I've found the wood floor in my condo
(2nd story unit) causes too much interior noise stemming from the
below unit..........oh well, you live you learn. So, I'd like to put
carpet down so my renter will have less noise problems.

In this process, I'd like to not damage the existing engineered wood
floor. Are there any suggestions out there about how I might install
the carpet without damaging the wood floor?

I appreciate all comments!

Thanks,
Ben