Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great

Default Possible solution for stinky kitchen sink drains?

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 08:45:33 -0700, Abe wrote:

I'm having a stinky kitchen drain problem. It's a double bowl kitchen
sink with a food disposer on one side. The black ABS drain pipes are
gunked up with rot/slime. I've already tried flushing with bleach. but
that doesn't do the job.

I'm hoping not to have to disassemble the drains to clean the pipes,
and am thinking of using some sort of foaming cleaner. I was intrigued
by a foaming toilet cleaner advertised on TV by that Billy Mays guy,
specifically because it is also a disinfectant (I think).

Any opinions about this approach? Anyone care to share a cure that has
worked?

Thanks,
Abe

I've found that any 'weird' odars usally come from the garbage
disposal. I sometimes turn on the garbage disposal, and put cubes of
ice down it. It seems to get rid of any left over food, and when my
baking soda is expired from my frig, that goes down the drain too.

This keeps any drain odors to a minium for me.

imho,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
[...]

All of that and I alway put my citrus peelings through the diposal.