Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1960s-std bath fans

We have 1960s std squirrel cage bath fans.
(House was built 1964-65)
We can't find matching fans or parts.
My uncle keeps rebuilding the old fans.

I'd feel a lot better if I could find a catalog
I could hand him (he's 72, engineer, not going online)
that he could find the right replacements.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Yellary Clinton & Yellalot Spitzer: Nasty Together]
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

try johnstone supply.
consider replacing with a modern alternative where the fan is almost
silent because it is remotely mounted.
such as at:
http://www.energyfederation.org/save...ath/30_85_1581

wrote:
We have 1960s std squirrel cage bath fans.
(House was built 1964-65)
We can't find matching fans or parts.
My uncle keeps rebuilding the old fans.

I'd feel a lot better if I could find a catalog
I could hand him (he's 72, engineer, not going online)
that he could find the right replacements.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Yellary Clinton & Yellalot Spitzer: Nasty Together]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the supply house (HD was no use).

Are you saying to mount the fan up on the roof?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Yellary Clinton & Yellalot Spitzer: Nasty Together]

Any bath vent fans made for old work? [email protected] Home Repair 4 June 2nd 06 04:47 PM
Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
NuTone vs Broan Bath Exhaust Fans Vince Home Repair 6 May 31st 05 02:28 PM
Are bath fans standard sized and "upgradeable"? blueman Home Repair 1 May 29th 05 09:00 AM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM