Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Allen

Default Honeywell VisionPRO TH8110 vs. White-Rodgers 1F97 Thermostat

I'm about to change out an existing programmable thermostat for a new
one. I'm considering either the Honeywell VisionPRO TH8110U1003 touch
screen model or the White-Rodgers 1F97-1271 touch screen model. Both
are quite similar in physical appearance with the exception of the
screen formatting and color.

Although the design appears to be very similar, it's my guess the
electrical design is different, and hence the overall ergonomics and
performance may be different. I note the battery back-up used in the
Honeywell is 3 ea. AAA cells, whereas the White-Rodgers uses 2 ea. AA
cells. Frankly, I hate AAA batteries, as I never seem to have any
around.

Any comments on which may be the superior thermostat, or am I looking
at very similar performing units.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Don Allen wrote:
I'm about to change out an existing programmable thermostat for a new
one. I'm considering either the Honeywell VisionPRO TH8110U1003 touch
screen model or the White-Rodgers 1F97-1271 touch screen model. Both
are quite similar in physical appearance with the exception of the
screen formatting and color.

Although the design appears to be very similar, it's my guess the
electrical design is different, and hence the overall ergonomics and
performance may be different. I note the battery back-up used in the
Honeywell is 3 ea. AAA cells, whereas the White-Rodgers uses 2 ea. AA
cells. Frankly, I hate AAA batteries, as I never seem to have any
around.

Any comments on which may be the superior thermostat, or am I looking
at very similar performing units.

Hi,
I installed Vision Pro two times at my house and cabin. No brainer.
Very easy to set up and it can be set up off the wall. I installed
Lithium batteries hoping it to last longer. Even if battery quits,
you don't lose the sep up. My only complaint(?) of Vision Pro is it's
too accurate, LOL