Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy & Carol

Default Water in the basement

Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it
still comes in. Rerouted downspouts, lots of soil to keep the water away
from the house, etc.
A local company I called, has a different idea the they say, will stop this
forever.
It called WaterGuard, a perimeter type indoor system that goes inside
the the basement. Cement floor is cut and a special trough is
installed, and routed to a sump pump.

Any body every heard of it or have it installed. The company
that does this, has a very good reputation for doing good work.
Thanks,
Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it
still comes in. Rerouted downspouts, lots of soil to keep the water away
from the house, etc.
A local company I called, has a different idea the they say, will stop this
forever.
It called WaterGuard, a perimeter type indoor system that goes inside
the the basement. Cement floor is cut and a special trough is
installed, and routed to a sump pump.

Any body every heard of it or have it installed. The company
that does this, has a very good reputation for doing good work.
Thanks,

There is more than one way to fix a leaking basement. Contractors seem
to all have their preferred method. But before I could make a
judgement I would want to know exactly how or where the water is
getting into the basement.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Andy & Carol wrote:
Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it
still comes in. Rerouted downspouts, lots of soil to keep the water
away from the house, etc.
A local company I called, has a different idea the they say, will
stop this forever.
It called WaterGuard, a perimeter type indoor system that goes inside
the the basement. Cement floor is cut and a special trough is
installed, and routed to a sump pump.

Any body every heard of it or have it installed. The company
that does this, has a very good reputation for doing good work.
Thanks,
Andy

Well they are not really fixing the leak, they are just giving the water
somewhere to go.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Does it come in everywhere, fixing the area it leaks is best

Posted to alt.home.repair
marson

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Andy & Carol wrote:
Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it
still comes in. Rerouted downspouts, lots of soil to keep the water
away from the house, etc.
A local company I called, has a different idea the they say, will
stop this forever.
It called WaterGuard, a perimeter type indoor system that goes inside
the the basement. Cement floor is cut and a special trough is
installed, and routed to a sump pump.

Any body every heard of it or have it installed. The company
that does this, has a very good reputation for doing good work.
Thanks,
Andy

yeah i've heard of another brand, called the "beaver system". it
works, as long as you don't mind having a trough around the perimeter
of your basement. of course, finishing a basement like this is out of
the questionl.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 02:25:32 GMT, "Andy & Carol"
wrote:

Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it
still comes in. Rerouted downspouts, lots of soil to keep the water away
from the house, etc.
A local company I called, has a different idea the they say, will stop this
forever.
It called WaterGuard, a perimeter type indoor system that goes inside
the the basement. Cement floor is cut and a special trough is
installed, and routed to a sump pump.

Any body every heard of it or have it installed. The company
that does this, has a very good reputation for doing good work.
Thanks,
Andy

Every situation is different and a careful analysis will tell you
which method is best. You have already done the important things. UGL
is a rubber-type cement paint that may stop some leaks. Water tiles
on the outside of the foundation works very well, but it is expensive
due to the digging involved.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

wrote:

Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it

WHERE do you get a trickle? In through a crack? Up through
the floor? Down the wall from the top?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy & Carol

Outside, the is a large concrete patio, and a large deck,
nice landscaping, and all that...this area has been dry.
As we had a lot of rain in the last 3 years, our soil became very
wet, thus we now have the problem.

After the trough is installed all is covered up, and the carpet
can then be re installed.

Thanks
Andy

P.S, My wife and I are retired, and so we will be moving.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Andy & Carol wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it

WHERE do you get a trickle? In through a crack? Up through
the floor? Down the wall from the top?

Also, have you been outside to take a look at what's going on during a
heavy downpour? Where you think the water is going based on looking
at it and what is actually happening during a heavy rain can be too
different things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Had that done here the trough is cemented over and I caulked the
plastic that goes a bit up the wall.

Works great ideally it drains by pipe to somewhere else by gravity.
Pumps are fine but often quit working due to power loss in storm.