Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy & Carol

Default Water in the basement

Outside, the is a large concrete patio, and a large deck,
nice landscaping, and all that...this area has been dry.
As we had a lot of rain in the last 3 years, our soil became very
wet, thus we now have the problem.

After the trough is installed all is covered up, and the carpet
can then be re installed.

Thanks
Andy

P.S, My wife and I are retired, and so we will be moving.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Andy & Carol wrote:
Not really a lot of water, but when it rains I get a trickle.
50 year house, did all the things in order to stop it, but it
still comes in. Rerouted downspouts, lots of soil to keep the water
away from the house, etc.
A local company I called, has a different idea the they say, will
stop this forever.
It called WaterGuard, a perimeter type indoor system that goes inside
the the basement. Cement floor is cut and a special trough is
installed, and routed to a sump pump.

Any body every heard of it or have it installed. The company
that does this, has a very good reputation for doing good work.
Thanks,
Andy

Well they are not really fixing the leak, they are just giving the
water somewhere to go.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit