Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

Default Bees in pool

I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are
attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it just
maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed they
do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in them) Also
I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed and got
stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

"Sacramento Dave" writes:

I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are
attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it just
maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed they
do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in them) Also
I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed and got
stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Somehow, 30 to 1 doesn't sound like winning odds.

No idea about the salt.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

i got stung by a yellow jacket twice at one attack last summer. follow
them home, nest may be in tree or even in your home eaves, must wait
until one hour after dark, then use the aerosol wasp/hornet spray on
the nest. more at:
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2510.htm

Sacramento Dave wrote:
I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are
attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it just
maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed they
do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in them) Also
I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed and got
stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:08:21 -0500, Lar
wrote:

In article m,
says...
I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are
attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it just
maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed they
do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in them) Also
I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed and got
stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Are you dealing with bees or wasps?

Neither. It's Bees.

Posted to alt.home.repair
pipedown

perhaps the bees are less repelled by the salt than by what you were using
last year (chlorine?)

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
y.com...
I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are
attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it
just maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed
they do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in
them) Also I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed
and got stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"pipedown" wrote in message
. ..
perhaps the bees are less repelled by the salt than by what you were using
last year (chlorine?)

The pool still uses chlorine. I think there might be a new nest around.

Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
y.com...
I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are
attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it
just maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed
they do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in
them) Also I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed
and got stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Just curious..why did you put salt water in the pool??Health benefits??

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave

"digitalmaster" wrote in message
news

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
y.com...
I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are
attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it
just maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed
they do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in
them) Also I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed
and got stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Just curious..why did you put salt water in the pool??Health benefits??

The salt water feels much nicer to swim in. Also the salt is used to
generate chlorine. there is a turbo cell that a small eclectic current goes
threw it that makes the chlorine. But when it gets hot you still have to
shock the pool. The salt content is 3 parts per million ( the ocean is 30
parts) so you can't taste the salt.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar

In article , NOPSAMmm2005
@bigfoot.com says...

Are you dealing with bees or wasps?

Neither. It's Bees.

In your example it would now have to be Bee's
--
Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Try to find The Amazing Handheld Bug Zapper, it works, but get 2 they
only work a few months.

Posted to alt.home.repair
JillAdams

Neither. It's Bees.
it has to be bees. because yellow jackets or wasps would not be so
easily killed with out attacking full force...